Work and Travel in the U.S.
Instead of just visiting the U.S. as a tourist, why not immerse yourself fully in American life through a paid work experience? The Work Travel program gives you the opportunity to spend up to 4 months working and traveling in the U.S. during your summer vacation.
While working at a great American company, you'll earn money to cover your expenses, meet new friends, and improve your English skills. After your job is complete, you can spend the last month of the program traveling throughout the U.S.
The Intrax Work Travel Program makes it easier for you to find a job with companies who hire J-1 international staff.
Work Travel Program Highlights
- Seasonal work in the U.S. for up to 4 months
- Wide variety of industries including ski resorts, amusement parks, national parks, fast food restaurants, retail stores, and more
- Paid positions such as ski lift operators, cashiers, kitchen help, housekeeping staff, lifeguards, front desk personnel, and retail
- DS-2019 form (Certificate of Eligibility)
- Pre-departure orientation
- Management of visa and administrative details
- Assistance with housing and travel arrangements
- Insurance coverage for duration of program
- Ongoing support and 24-hour emergency line
- Participant handbook
- Option for an additional month of health insurance for $50
How it Works:
- You contact an Intrax Work Travel partner for program information and a screening interview
- After the interview, the partner will show you complete descriptions of available jobs that meet your needs and qualifications
- You select a job and sign an agreement to accept it
- Your Intrax Work Travel partner will schedule another interview with you to ensure you meet the particular requirements for your job
- We collect all documents and fees for submission
- Our partner assists with your visa application
- We provide you with support and pre-departure orientation before you leave for the U.S.
Do you already have a job in the United States?
Intrax can help you apply for your J-1 visa through one of our partners in your home country if you already have a job arranged in the U.S. or would like to arrange your own job.